Friday, May 13, 2016

Descriptions of the Four Basic Personality Types

Dominance (D)
Common Characteristics:

 I am action-oriented. I like to be in motion.
 I make quick decisions. I analyze data quickly and decide.
 I like a challenge. I can solve difficult problems.
 I am forceful and strong-willed. I push my agenda.
 I lead others to get the job done. I am a good team leader.
 I am very competitive. There is a goal for everything.
 I can take the heat. I do not mind conflict.

Environment Needed:
 I like direct answers, bottom-line information. Get to the point.
 I flourish with a wide range of responsibilities and multiple tasks.
 I need authority to function and to take action.
 Controls and restrictions slow me down and hinder progress.
 Challenges and changes motivate me.
 I am task oriented so I need to work with “people” persons.
 I need to pace myself and relax more.

Influence (I)
Common Characteristics:

 I am enthusiastic and energetic. I am full of life.
 I love fun and laughter. I am a party person.
 I have good ideas. I am creative and innovative.
 I can influence, inspire and motivate others to action.
 I like to talk. I love to express my thoughts.
 I want to work with others, not alone.
 I am spontaneous and impulsive. I make quick decisions.

Environment Needed:
 I appreciate public recognition of ability. I like the spotlight.
 I want freedom of expression. I dislike having to follow a pattern.
 I function better with freedom from control and details.
 I need opportunities to talk and express my opinions.
 I love an enthusiastic, fun atmosphere.
 I function better with coaching from “task” persons.
 I need to be held accountable for responsibilities.

Steadiness (S)
Common Characteristics:
 I am warm and relational. I am a “people” person.
 I am a good follower and team player, but am hesitant to lead.
 I do not like a lot of change. I like stability and security.
 I do not like conflict and try to avoid it at all costs.
 I love to serve others and am fulfilled in doing so.
 I am a good listener. I like to have others talk.
 I am a good friend. I am supportive and encouraging.

Environment Needed:
 I need a stable, secure environment.
 I like sincere appreciation expressed privately.
 I like to identify with a group of people.
 I need minimal conflict and strife.
 I function better with standard procedures and processes.
 I need help in accepting changes and new procedures.
 I need encouragement to grow, as I like the status quo.

Conscientiousness (C)
Common Characteristics:
 I am a perfectionist. I want things done right.
 I am focused on being accurate and consistent.
 I seek to do excellent work without mistakes.
 I am not outgoing most of the time. I am “task” oriented.
 I love weighing pros and cons and considering all possibilities.
 I want a deliberate, systematic approach.
 I move slowly and need time to make decisions.

Environment Needed:
 I prefer an organized, businesslike atmosphere.
 I have questions and need answers to my questions.
 I want a controlled environment with proper processes.
 I like opportunities to use my special skills.
 I need performance expectations and standards.
 I like consistent feedback on my performance.
 I need encouragement to be flexible as I am very structured.

No comments:

Post a Comment