Friday, March 4, 2016

GPS Life Journey Story: Doug Hodge (Retired CFO of Global Corporation)

Life has a way of happening without you ever realizing what’s going on around you until you stop and listen. In 1977 I graduated from the University of Kentucky with an MBA and headed off to work in the financial field for an automotive parts manufacturer. I had conducted business in over 20 countries and managed billions of dollars in revenue.  I was also a mentor to many young people in the corporate financial world.

Thirty-three years later God helped me to reevaluate my life. It is good to stop and listen. It started with hearing Nolen Rollins speak on God’s Plan for Success (GPS) the weekend of July 4, 2010. From there I accepted God’s invitation to pursue a second half to my life and then I spent the next couple months really understanding who Doug Hodge really was.  In the fall of 2010 my wife and I joined a GPS Life Journey Small Group with four other couples and worked through the GPS roadmap together. My current mission statement is to provide training and mentoring for global business owners to enhance their Kingdom building abilities.
 
I was able to come to this statement by understanding my strengths and weaknesses, my personality, my gifts, my experiences and my abilities (all sessions of the GPS Life Journey). Then it was time to let go and let God help me understand what he desired me to do with the personal profile he had given me. For me this was the time I started to understand that my failures along with my successes, along with countless other experiences, were gifts from God to help me move to his plan for my life.

Working with Kingdom Mobilization I have been able to:

  • Train students and begin working with business owners in Russia.
  • Train teachers, business owners, and ministry participants in India.
  • Train and mentor business owners and ministry participants in Nigeria.
Now, as I get ready to expand efforts whether missions work, education, or work endeavors, I bounce it against my mission statement and if it moves it forward I proceed and if not I stop.  Living life on mission with God is a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment